Sunday 1 January 2012

A New Year...

As part of a new year one of my resolutions was to start a blog. For those of you who don't know me. I'm a wife and mother of 1 who just moved to Chilliwack, BC.

Here's a little background: The last year has been crazy stressful for our family. Our daughter was born in March and we thought the year would be full of fun times watching her grow, taking her to the beach, vacationing, walks...etc. All that was put to a hault in August when my husband was laid off suddenly from his job. With me being on maternity leave our income suddenly went from very comfortable to only $1200 a month. Hard to pay rent and all our bills on that. So what did I do...I did what any money saving mother would do...I turned to coupons. I had dabbled a bit just after our daughter was born and was getting quite good at stacking Pampers diaper coupons at London Drugs; getting them for free since she was born. So I figured that if I was that good with the baby items, why couldn't I get that good with food and household items too?

Over the last 6 months I have gotten off to a great start using coupons to save my family hundreds of dollars on groceries, cleaning supplies, baby items and household items. Every week I go through store flyers, price match with competitors and look for the best deals and what coupons I have to combine with the offers. The result...saving at least 20-25% every shopping trip. My goal this year is to get better than that, saving at least 50-75% on every trip to the grocery store and save a total of $5000. Coupons are FREE MONEY, so use them!

I'll be keeping track of my savings on here, telling you where I get my coupons and also posting on how I do it and great deals of the week so that you can go out and save just as much money as I do. Let the Year Begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment