Thursday 5 April 2012

Meal Planning!

So over the past few weeks i've been trying to figure out how to save myself even more money. I do pretty well in the grocery store, however I have been finding that lately I just go and get the weekly deals and come home and try to make sense of what to make. Very frustrating. More often then not I find I am missing an ingredient or I don't have enough to make a meal.

Last summer, when things were not as hectic, I did meal planning for 8 weeks. I loved it! Every night I knew what we were having and when I went to the grocery store I picked up exactly what I needed to make that week's meals.

So to keep me accountable I am starting a meal planning segment to my blog. Every week (most likely on Thursday or Friday) after i've had a chance to look at that weeks fliers, I will post what I will be making for dinner. Here's what i've planned for this week:

Saturday - Rosemary Chicken Bake with Roasted Veggies (grape tomatoes, olives, zucchini)
Need to buy: grape tomatoes, zucchini, kalamata olives

Baking (Saturday is baking for the week): Gingery Oatmeal Molasses Cookies (recipe from Canadian Family magazine)
Need to Buy: Rolled Oats, Molasses
 
Sunday - Soup Night - Beer, Cheese and Bacon Soup
Need to Buy: 1 pkg. Bacon

Monday - Breakfast for Dinner Night - Puffed Apple Pancake
Need to Buy: 1 Granny Smith Apple

Tuesday - BBQ Night - Hotdogs and Potato Salad
Need to Buy: Mini Red Potatoes (Superstore $1.94 this week)

Wednesday - Fish Night - Seasame Crusted Salmon, Quinoa and Peas 
Need to Buy: Salmon

Thursday - Taco Night
Need to Buy: Taco Kit ($3.47 Walmart), Sour Cream, Ground Beef

Friday - Red Meat Night - Spagetti
Need to Buy: -- (use leftover ground beef from Tacos)

I was pretty happy with this menu as it is all healthy, complete meals and were having something different everynight!

No comments:

Post a Comment